Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Workout Wednesday November 5th, 2013

"I think everyone is capable of being a leader given the chance."
-Dana White


AM Session
I went for a 4 mile run this morning.  Didn't run hard, just cruised along.  Finished in just over 36 mins.  I've worked on fixing my squat technique since last winter.  Running seems to hurt a little more.  I'm sure the change in my squat mechanics has changed the way I run a little.  Anyways, rolled out with lacrosse ball and foam roller for 20 mins afterwards.

Afternoon Session.
A.  20 Mins of TGU with 53#, 1 left 1 right
B.  20 Mins of sled drag 95# + Farmer's Walk 100m with 70# each hand
C.  20 Mins Row, Every 5 mins 10 Body Rows

Notes
A.  Left side is much tougher than the right
B.  I made 6 trips with the sled and FW, forearms were tired
C.  Biceps were bugging a little on this portion, shoulder mobility is bad so getting the bar to my chest on the rows was tough, it's getting better though
I slept good, HRV was amber this morning, so I took it easy.  Should be better tomorrow.

Just finished this book for the second time.  I really like his approach to training, competition and life.  I like when people find the spiritual side of things.  For some people it's getting their first pull up, for others it's running a lap around the track without stopping, for others it's pushing yourself so hard physically that you feel like death.  There's a certain beauty in that feeling.  You learn a lot about yourself.  It allows you to realize that you're tougher and mentally stronger than you give yourself credit for.  All you need is to put yourself in that situation and see what happens.  Georges talks about that experience in this book, I dig it.  When was the last time you had a spiritual moment?      




No comments:

Post a Comment